' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Challenged by Liz Borer

Saturday 28 September 2013

Challenged by Liz Borer

This week on the Paper Artsy blog Liz has been working with fabric to create some wonderful projects: frame, doll, chair...

I was inspired to play with fabric but considering my skills level and time I had to aim low... Thankfully part of Liz's project had a panel (see her post) which I thought I could pull off...


I used stamps from Hot Picks 1112, 1201 and 1202 with Archival inks, then painted around the stamped images with Fresco paints (South Pacific, Limelight, Claret). I didn't like the way the white fishes looked, so I gave them some colour too.

I made a frame for my mini painting with the Flourish Embossalicious folder and created some metal corners with Nestabilities labels dies and a Cuttlebug folder.

I rather enjoyed painting on fabric and plan to do it again on a bigger piece of fabric.

Thanks for coming by,

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous panel. Fish is beautiful color. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great panel I love the colours you have blended in the background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbe essai, tu me donnes envie d'essayer !! Je n'ai jamais encore tenté de la peinture sur tissu, et très peu d'encrage aussi... mais je vais m'y mettre un jour c'est sûr ! :) Bises, et merci pour les détails techniques c'est toujours un plaisir pour moi que de les lire. Bonne semaine, coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project! Love all the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should hang this baby on the wall!~Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete