' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Imagination in Bloom

Friday 21 March 2014

Imagination in Bloom

This is the theme for this month's Imagination Crafts challenge.

Since breaking my paper record in one of my most recent posts I thought I would use papers again but in a more restrained fashion. This time, I pulled out a Melissa Frances pad, freebie in one of the magazine, and opened it for the first time.


I used the Victorian Rose block from Impression Obsession stamp for the image, inked it with Versamark. Then I applied Imagination Crafts mica powders (Earthtones set, not sure if this is still sold) using shades of red for the petals and green for the leaves. With such a detailed stamp and with transparent Versamark on white cardstock it is not easy to actually see what is leave and what is petal so the colouring is not perfect. But it shines!

The photo is not very good, it's a cloudy day, and there is a glare at the top of the image which hides the motif somewhat. Trust me in real life, although subtle, the colours are there!

I added a die-cut mat in kraft cardstock to my sentiment and added pearls to finish.

So there you are something classic, soft and feminine for Mother's day...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful image using the mica powders, love the composition and papers used.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbe carte Christine, bravo !! Bon dimanche. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts xx Jan

    ReplyDelete