' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Wood embossing

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Wood embossing

Well I never tried before and I didn't think it was possible... but the DT at WOW Embossing Powders set that very challenge and although I considered a wood grain embossing folder or a wood stamp for the challenge, it seemed like a cop out. It had to be tried right?

So I did and this is what happened:


Not only did it work but I love the look of the warm white (WOW Vanilla powder) against the wood. The stamped image look like real crochet!

I enhanced the colour with Distress inks both before and after embossing.
Keeping it simple I added some Core'dination die-cuts and a topper I have had for ages in my stash.

And if you wonder where I got my wood from... I salvaged it from the bin after eating one of Charlie Bigham's dishes. The wooden tray comes lined with baking parchment so with a bit of luck the tray is totally clean. Of course I only use the flat surface from the bottom and being quite thin it is fragile. Here I backed it up with cardstock to avoid any mishaps!

Enjoy,

1 comment:

  1. Oh, c'est superbe !!! Le résultat à l'embossage est vraiment excellent en effet, bravo pour cette belle réa originale ! Bises

    ReplyDelete