' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired by Joanna Wardle

Saturday 8 March 2014

Inspired by Joanna Wardle


This week Clare Lloyd came back to the Paper Artsy blog and produced colourful and whimsy creations with the new JoFy stamps. As much as I was inspired, I didn't have enough time for such complex projects (see her box/frame here)... but I did have time to follow Joanna's steps to create a one layer card, so here it is :


I did the splats by flicking a brush load of paint on my card, stamped my circles with a lid, and painted the stitched line as I don't have the stamps Joanna used. But I do have the flower from ELB02, so I used it to stick to Joanna's design as closely as possible.

If you are wondering... a splat stamp is a good idea, especially for the big ones, because it is hard to control the placement of the splat from a height and you need a lot of liquid to achieve the effect, which can spoil the cardstock... and everything around it!
I am also entering the Artful Times challenge.

Enjoy your week-end,

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful take on Jo's card! Love the circles and splatters in purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very neat - don't think I dare try "flicking" again - my keyboard is still recovering ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's really lovely! Great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card

    Thanks for your blog comment on mine - I don't take craft supplies with me skiing, but a week ago I fell and tore my calf muscle and haven't been able to ski, so bought some art supplies whilst I was here!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Craftyfield, love your card. I think your splats are good. Great improvisation with the circles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on this it all came together so well

    Thank you for joining us at Artful Times for the Anything Goes challenge

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on Joanna's card and thank you for sharing with us again at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great splats, i love the sense of movement, you don't get that with a stamp. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your interpretation of Jo's card. I agree with Darcy that real spattered paint always has that lovely sense of natural movement. Love your circles too. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and fab colours combo. Idea is great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card, loving the splats and colours you have used, makes a fab piece of ArT :-) xxx

    When i splat i do it in a box so that everything doesn't get covered with paint :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at PaperArtsy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Gorgeous colours & design!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great CAS card, love the splats. Like massofhair I use a box when doing anything too messy.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, I love the colours you've used and your splats are very impressive :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elle est parfaite, bravo!! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your creativity on this! I have to do it more. At least I used modeling cream and stencil on my last. You put me to shame! Love your sense of space and shapes too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the creativeness of this. Great use of colour and - my favourite - the circles.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete