' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Big news....

Monday 17 November 2014

Big news....

I have been so very good and kept the secret for weeks, but now all can be revealed...

I am proud to join the Vintage Stamping Challenges Design team! Excited is an understatement...

Since I am going to use our sponsor's stamps for my DT makes I thought I should give you the lowdown on Flonzcraft for those of you who are unaware of their stamps.

They are a small family-owned design and craft company from New Zealand, and their main products are stamps, most of them produced in clear photo polymer, which happens to be pink(ish).
The colour doesn't really make any difference but what I can tell you is that the polymer takes dye inks very well, even distress inks, which a lot of clear stamps don't.

They stock a particularly large collection of vintage images and fashion through the ages, from Victorian era to most decades of the 20th century.
But if that isn't your thing, they also stock other styles, too numerous to describe here, including a Manga range. Now, I am not  into this particular art form but I have found myself hankering after a few images....

And if you are thinking New Zealand is far away... orders generally reach the UK (and I assume Europe) within 7 working days and the postage is less than £2 (or free above a certain spend).

The sets come in 8"x10 or 4"x7 uncut sheets, which keeps the cost down. This is fine by me as I'd rather do the cutting myself and spend more on images! Plus, cutting polymer is infinitely easier than cutting stamps on easy mount!
The sets are really good value as the images fit tightly to fill up the sheet but where images are very close to each other I would advise to make the cut with a craft knife for more control.

Now to the business of stamping and crafting... my next post is my first as a designer and I hope you will all come and have a look at my project.

See you soon,

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your selection to the DT. I have some flonzcraft stamps and am very pleased with them. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE CONGRATS Christine on your DT announcement, am so excited for you, this is wonderful news! Am looking forward to seeing your wonderful creative mind producing some fantastic projects :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moi aussi je suis super contente pour toi, d'autant plus que je sais déjà que tu vas faire des merveilles dans cette équipe !! BRAVO Christine, et j'ai eu la chance de gagner quelques tampons Flonzcraft, je confirme que la qualité est vraiment extra. Bises, je file voir ta première réa DT!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many, many congratulations! This is fantastic news! Well done you! I am looking forward to seeing your work very much! xxx

    ReplyDelete