' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: CB Quote Challenge Moon & Sensation

Saturday 8 November 2014

CB Quote Challenge Moon & Sensation

When the latest Craft Barn challenge came out, I assumed Moon would be easy to find a quote for... but not for me! I ended up going for lyrics this time and chose the rather obvious Blue moon (Richard Rodgers, lyrics by Lorenz Hart) sang by many artists over the years including Elvis Presley.

Now I had the moon in my sights... I could indulge in creating a scene with my most recent stamps, including Stampscapes (Moon and clouds, water, rocks, reeds) and Lavinia (path, trees, faerie).


I need to practice my perspective with these new stamps as it's a bit off in places, but since it's a fantasy piece I figured nobody would mind!

I did all the stamping first so I would know where to apply my background colouring and used markers as well as pads to ink my stamps.
I applied the background ink with a brayer to start finishing with Cut & Dry for the grassy areas.

I used clear Spica on the wings of Mia and white pen on the path, water and highpoints of my rocks.

Hope you'll like my scene,

21 comments:

  1. Looks perfect to me, such beautiful depth and a gorgeous moonlit water scene. Think this is one of your best cards so far this year imho. Hope you frame this! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very magical page, those Stampscapes stamps are very effective. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry abaout Mr Linky - he is up and running (I hope)
    Hugs, Neet xx (stressed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created landscape and great shading for the moonlight on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very artistic make Christine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly beautiful. love the way you have the moon is showing through clouds and the moonlit water, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks pretty darn good to me! In fact I think it's pretty darn wonderful! :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps - you were right, the footprints on my moon are part of this months gift from craft stamper ;)

      Delete
    2. It's a fine set for quick and easy cards. I used the examples in the mag, changed them a bit to fit my supplies and made a half dozen or so :o)

      Delete
  8. Fab landscape, love the colours, looks really magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was blown away by this landscape. I kept looking and looking, and trying to put my jaw back in place. This is the most incredible piece. I was struck by the landscape, which, in my opinion was over the top. But then I focused on the moon and that blew me away, the way you managed to conceal part of it. Now I'm not saying your lyrics aren't lovely, because they are, but that illustrated scene that accompanied the lyrics was simply over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning. I love how it has come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fiona! I thought your eclipse was really effective. Good choice of music too!

      Delete
  11. C'est super beau et réussi!!! Je viens de créer une petite scène de Noël pour ma future DT (je n'ose pas t'en parler ah ah ah, je crois que tu vas bien rire et peut-être te moquer un peu.. ^^), et bien la mienne est 10 fois moins réussie à mon avis ! Bravo Christine, il faut que je m'entraîne moi aussi sur ces scènes et paysages, j'adore. Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page for a wonderful song. I saw Ella Fitzgerald in concert and this song brings back that memory - it gives me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous scenery and just love the Lavinia fairy stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful landscape you`ve created here - simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really had the perfect stamps and did a beautiful job with this quote! I think the perspective looks just about perfect, too! PS Love the Elvis version!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, what a beautiful scene! Great song choice too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just catching up with the Moon/Sensation-Challenge, really a bit late these days. That's a wonderful scene, great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! A fabulous scene, especially the water. And I love your choice of lyrics.

    ReplyDelete