' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Christmas tags

Saturday 29 November 2014

Christmas tags

It's the run-up to Christmas... need to step up the creative effort and produce something, anything...

I am still planning to stamp some more gift wrap (see last year's here) but this is such a time consuming task I am starting by the quick and easy... the tags.
I work to a formula for Christmas tags, because their lifespan is even shorter than cards, and let's face it they are destined for the bin a few seconds after having served their purpose.
So I only use "rubbish" in my creations, leftovers from other projects, scraps of cards and free supplies that came with magazines.

The pic shows the "rubbish" I have assembled, only used a fraction in the end!

There's card splattered with green paint from  a forgotten experiment, angel hair waste form a die cut, remaining holly leaves, and offcuts from vellum and freebie papers.... Also a piece of card onto which I had stuck the remaining green and red mulberry paper I had a few years back.

 


As to the design I let myself completely free, the only objective being to use up as much of the supplies to clear up some valuable space for new stash!


Whilst making the tags I pulled out other old die-cut, embellishments etc.. I even added a piece of die-cut waste that had adhesive on it and foiled it in gold (lower right tag)

I haven't threaded them with anything because I usually use the same twine/ribbon as I use for the wrapped present.

I feel a bit hopeless entering my rubbish tags in the Papermill challenge as I can't think anyone is going to vote for them, but I thought you might be interested the process.
Also entering the Wedodoobadoo challenge who are getting festive!

By my reckoning I have enough Christmas rubbish to keep me in tags for decades!

6 comments:

  1. Well you may have used "rubbish" to create your tags but they look like a pretty good collection to me.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are bright and fun, make and sell them or donate them to charity shop, then you can clear out even more stash.

    Love these:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BRILLIANT idea ! You're right, why use the good stuff on something that gets thrown away so quickly. I usually just buy tags, as I don't see the point of spending time and money on them, but you have inspired me to clean out my cupboard, gather the old stuff together and make good use of it. I only hope that they turn out half as pretty as yours! Thank- you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah mais c'est une super bonne idée!!!!!
    Un grand BRAVO, je trouve ça génial, et en plus ils sont beaux tes tags au final! :D
    Bisous Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tags, great use of bits n bats. gets my vote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designs get my vote

    ReplyDelete