' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Hot & Spicy with a touch of bling

Saturday 8 November 2014

Hot & Spicy with a touch of bling

In the sea of Christmas colours, That's Crafty's challenge would like to see hot colours, well that's a relief...


For my hot background I used linen card with pastels ,applied in an ombre fashion.

Before die-cutting my circle, actually a clock face from Papertrey Ink, I applied double sided tape to my cardstock. Then I used gilding flakes over the sticky side for a bit of bling.
I added a touch more bling on a black flag (partial die-cut of an Impression Obsession die) by stamping with glue before gilding.

The central image is by Crafty Individuals and I stamped it with black and silver inks. The silver was applied on the cage part of the image but it wasn't very successful. I later added a bit of silver gel pen .
I coloured flowers and bird with watercolour pencils and a waterbrush.

My flower embellishments are pieces of fabric dyed with Inktense, folded, stuck and twisted with a piece of netting.
I die-cut my bouquet flowers (Papertrey ink) and enhanced them with the matching stamps.

I was going to add more bling in the form of gems but, as per usual, couldn't bring myself to do it!

I am also entering the Pan Pastel and Wedodoobadoo challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

5 comments:

  1. Your whole colour acheme is yummy, am a lover of all things Inktense, your flowers are stunning, must try making some of my own soon.

    When you zoom in and see the beautiful details your card comes alive. Sensational creation:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background with pretty images in beautiful colours

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://panpasteluk.blogspot.nl/ Thank you for sharing your fabulous projects, with the dt from Premium Craft Brands Challenge blog, hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful,thanks for sharing with us at PanPastels.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rich warm tones, love it! Thank you so much for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK XOXO

    ReplyDelete