' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: New Home hanging

Saturday 11 April 2015

New Home hanging

Not one of my best pieces ... but a good lesson in what NOT to do!

I wanted to use corrugated cardboard as a base for my hanging and Gelatos for the background colours. As Gelatos move a lot better on Gessoed surfaces, I painted a few thin coats before applying the Gelatos, smudging and spraying water.


So far so good... Then I stamped my house. It did not stamp very well at all, not the first time, not the second time! I had to go over all the lines with a pen to make it acceptable. Should have used Stazon or Archival...

I had planned to take off the colour from the house with a brush and water but noooo!! I was taking out the pen lines and not the Gelatos. In the end I left the colour where I could and used my craft knife to take the colour off where it looked the oddest. On the upside this created a sort of grass border at the bottom of the house. Next time I will stamp first and apply the colour after!

I added the bushes and a bench as well as the handwritten sentiment.
As I said, not one of my best pieces, still, I have completed my Craft Barn mission!
Thanks for coming by,

 

10 comments:

  1. I do like a bit of corrugated Christine and such a good idea the way you used it here.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all your mishaps this has turned out really well! Love the texture created by the corrugated card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes experimenting is more interesting than the result... but you were right to go on! The corrugated board is a great texture added to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too hard on yourself, C. I wish I could do this good with mixed media. I like the material you mounted it on, how you used the gelatos, and the image you used over it. I really like how you emphasized the roof and how the grass turned out too! Turned out great! I like that it's also a hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous, congratulations on completing your mission!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your project it's fab. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The good thing challenges is what we learn along the way. You may not have achieved what you intended but the end result is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your corrugated card hanging Chris, all the colours are wonderful and i always enjoy learning along the way despite the setbacks lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahahah, tu me fais rire !!... :-) Pas ta meilleure pièce c'est sûr, mais bien mignon quand même ce petit tableau à accrocher. J'essaierai de me souvenir de tes conseils (très bons en général) !! Bises, je vais tacher de voir ce que j'ai manqué...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm I like this corrugated card is a beautiful medium to work on.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete