' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Pretty in pink

Sunday 19 April 2015

Pretty in pink

This is the theme over at Stamping Sensations this month. Rather than go for pastel shades again, after my twee Tea Party card I went bold with Fuchsia, metallic and black.

I first used a Prima doily stencil with Pan Pastels on both my white cardstock and my black base (I used a spellbinders die), a light blue and light mauve.



I stamped the dress form stamp (Impression Obsession) with Versamark and embossed in clear. Yes in clear....
If you keep abreast of what's hot in the craft world then you'll know that foiling has made a comeback in the US and this trend is just reaching Europe. There are special foiling machines, but apparently laminators work as well.

I don't have a laminator...

Then I saw this video from Jennifer McGuire and thought maybe this could work with a clothes iron and set out to try.

Once embossed put the foil over your stamped image and place a piece  of paper on top.
Iron the whole thing and voila... foiled image. Now you'll want to know how hot, how long and to be honest I haven't worked out yet the best settings, but I have found out the following:

- not too hot : Wool or less
- not too long : one pass should be enough.

Too long or too hot the embossing sinks into the paper and the foil doesn't stick to it. You can see from my piece that some foil has stuck elsewhere too. In my case I didn't mind  but that could be a problem.

I have also foiled the border of my card base and my sentiment but this time I sponged glue to apply the foil.

Let me know what works for you if you try the Iron Foiling technique!

9 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a real fun one to make Christine and what a lush colour palette, pink is our theme at Stamping Sensation this month !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dahhh, I read right down your post Christine and totally missed the first line, ignore what I said above and instead thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Chris, this is one hot looking card. Loving the foiling and thanks for the tips re an iron. I have a Craft Dragon so can use my foils that way but i also use the glue technique. I do have a laminator but haven't tried using foils in this way as i wonder how to get them out of the centre, i might just have had a blonde moment...

    Anyway, your card is superb and i love it! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hot pink creation, Christine! Thanks for joining us with your pinkiness at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuchsia, metallic and black works for me Christine. Gorgeous dress form stamp.

    I am lucky enough to have always had a laser printer and laminator so I did foiling cards way way back but wasn't very keen on it. After seeing this beautiful make I may indeed give it a go again.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking card which fits in beautifully with our "Pretty in Pink" challenge over at Polka Doodle Challenges. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Thanks for joining the Polkadoodles Challenge (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, it looks so sparkly. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Une belle carte de fête des mères, encore une technique intéressante à essayer!!

    ReplyDelete