' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Behind the door

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Behind the door

Hello crafters, thanks for visiting my blog today, I have something to show you that has been on my mind for ages... I think since I got this door die!

The closed door gives a bit of mystery to the card and, hopefully, generate some excitement!


I have partially die-cut a tri-fold card with the Memory Box door die and embossed the whole door. Using a piece of wood printed paper I die-cut and embossed another door, this time using only the door and discarding the frame.
To give the look of stable doors I cut the doors (both base card and wood paper) horizontally with a craft knife and now the top portion can open.

The "Hi" tab allow the door to be lifted easily and the speech bubble gives a clue that there is something behind the door... but WHO? I hear you cry!!!

Well it's the doe-eyed giraffe from Rubber Dance of course! and here she is:


I shall be thinking about other animals I can place behind the door...

Let me know if you like this one,
I am entering the Lost Coast Designs, Allsorts (B for Behind!) and the Rubber Dance Forever challenges.

13 comments:

  1. It definitely leaves you thinking - what's behind that door - I want to have a look.

    Gorgeous make Christine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it does give food for the imagination Christine, are we going to get a peek ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun card, wasn't expecting that. Thank you for joining our 'I Spy' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great peek-a-boo card. Love the giraffe. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and Rubber Dance challenges. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, all good things come to those that wait Christine I was a bit previous last night, a lovely Giraffe. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant Christine, what a fab die, and it's not often there's a giraffe behind the door! Thanks so much for playing alonge with us at Rubber Dance and Lost Coast Designs, and have a very happy week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est vraiment adorable comme idée et réa !!!!!!
    Je retiens... Je n'ai pas ce die porte, mais peut-être un autre qui ferait l'affaire.
    Ta petite girafe qui sort son long cou est juste parfaite en plus là, j'adore !!
    Bises (et pour nous, la neige est annoncée pour demain ah ah ! Sinon temps glacial brrr...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card with a fantastic design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast challenge this month. I like how you have a giraffe behind the door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how stinkin' cute is this and clever to boot! what a fun card and love the giraffe stamp! thanks for joining the lost coast designs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this is so cute! Love this idea!! Thank you for using our giraffe stamp and entering the Forever Challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Une très belle idée. Adorable girafe qui fait son petit effet quand on ouvre la porte.
    Bizzzz

    ReplyDelete