' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Fauxdori Address Book

Thursday 1 February 2018

Fauxdori Address Book

This month it is my pleasure to host the Country View Challenge and I have chosen an easy theme of "Anything but cute".
I made another Midori-like book, this time to hold an address book. I keep the addresses on the computer so I can easily add addresses or update them, and the flexible binding of this type of book allows me to take out the old and replace with the freshly printed pages easily.

I'm not showing a step by step today but if you need one, I made one last year here.




I kept the construction of the cover simple by using a bought paper, although the stamping proved difficult, both because of the texture of the paper and the shimmering colour. Still, I have had this paper in my stash for so long, it was time...

I did all my stamping with acrylic paint except the Visible image eye which I stamped in Archival to make sure it would be visible under all angles (this stamp is my something "new"). I used stamps from Paper Artsy (ELB33), Impression Obsession (Rose leaf branch - F8199), Hero Arts/Basic Grey (Luscious Ledger - CG302) and a Flourish stamp from the Sizzix-with-Hero-Arts-Stamp and Emboss set.

I added some stencilling with transparent matte paste in the corners, and initially had planned to add either Treasure gold or some other paint but decided I liked the you-see-it-now-you-don't aspect of the paste and left it alone.



It's so difficult to show the colour variation in the photographs (as above) depending on the light I finally resorted to video, though it is pretty basic you'll get the idea!

 
For the address book pages I used standard A4 paper, working out which way each A5 page should be printed to read the right way around and in the right order. [I won't explain that bit, I don't understand it myself!]

With the pages printed, I created tabs by cutting out the appropriate bits of paper and added tabs cut from designer paper to make them more sturdy.

Do check what my teammates have made on the Country View Challenge blog and come back on Saturday for a second inspiration piece.

I am looking forward to your creations and don't forget that if you enter our challenge, you could win a £20 voucher to spend on crafty stash. Now what stopping  you?

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Unikostudio, Mini Album Makers, SSS Wednesday Challenge challenge.

17 comments:

  1. First of all: thank you for your theme this month, I really like it!
    Your adress book looks beautiful. I have the same papers in my stash for ages and don´t use them any more - but seeing your little book, makes me thinking about giving it a chance ;-)
    Have a good time!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, a great theme and I love your midori book, great to see the Visible Image eye looking out at me too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme, Christine!!! Your address book cover is wonderful, very mysterious too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme ! Love your book !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous address book Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great theme Christine and I love your address book. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your theme Christine, a fab one for me, and I love your make. Great colour and such a useful book.
    Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great theme - and I love your book! Its fabulous!!! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the wonderful color and shimmer it has!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Striking, shimmering, elegant and fabulous. Great design and thanks for sharing with us at Uniko this month

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an amazing cover! I love the shimmer and shine you created - beautiful 😁. You have chosen such a great theme for the month too, thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all that sparkle! This is such a wonderful midori style journal. It looks like you had tons of fun making it! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful book, so cleverly put together! Great idea too!Thank you so much for adding it to our Mini Album Makers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very shimmery and vibrant, thanks for joining uniko

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This turned out great! Love the pretty shade and metallic sparkle. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers this month! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - shimmeringly gorgeous - what a fabulous Fauxdori! Thanks so much for playing along at Mini Album Makers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That'S an eye-catching cover for your adress book! Love the details and of yourse the shimmer!

    Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Uniko Challenge Gallery!
    Greetings from Wiebke (DT)

    ReplyDelete