' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: A birthday like no other

Saturday 7 September 2019

A birthday like no other

A few challenges pushed me to come out of my creative lethargy and I made this humoristic card (it will hopefully elicit a chuckle if not an out and out laugh!)

CAS card with stamped otter

I first stamped the otter in black and masked it. The grasses were stamped on top with green dye inks and I applied some Distress inks behind the animal. Both stamps are from a set issued with issue 57 of Creative Stamping (May 2018). as is the sentiment.

The otter was coloured with pencils.

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Addicted to stamps, SSS Wednesday, Casology, Penny Black and more challenges.

11 comments:

  1. What a super Otter Christine and it really stand out well on the CAS design. Thanks for your comment yesterday, I've used Fabriano HP and Bristol Vellum for years, not the cheapest but one of the best which allow movement of colour really well, it's just the artist that's the problem!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this magazine set too and have also found it great for really effective cards when you need a creative boost. Love this cheeky chap xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Great CAS style! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card made me smile. I'm sorry I missed that issue of Creative Stamping because I would have loved those stamps....especially the sentiment. :) I love how you colored the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This adorable card did make me chuckle. Such a fun card and I love that he is large enough to be the focal point! Thank you so much for playing along with the Penny Black and More challenge.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card and what a brilliant sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super adorable !!! :)
    Bisettes...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masking to allow that delightful otter to really pop. The only weasel family member better than an otter is a sea otter, so you'd already won me over before I even got to the laugh-out-loud words!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! Love him. Super fun card. :) :) :)
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete