' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Heavy lifting

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Heavy lifting

Alcohol Lift Ink Detail view

Yes it's time for my second inspiration make for the Country View Challenge, where the theme chosen by Rachel is Under the Sea.

This time I used alcohol inks to build up my background, and, together with the Alcohol lift ink and Yupo paper from Ranger, I had great fun creating water effects .

Lifted alcohol inks with stamps

First I tried to simulate the broken light seen in moving water by using crumpled plastic to lift the ink, then with a small eraser and embossing tools I lifted the bubbles above the fish.

I then stamped my fish (Paper Artsy Hot Pick 1111) with Memento Tuxedo black ink on a piece of paper prepared with an iridescent medium and fussy cut them before placing on my background.

At this point I decided to add "coral" by lifting the colour with the top of a tree stamp. You can see the before photo:

To achieve the effect,  I actually stamped the "coral" twice, once with the Alcohol lift ink and once with an Archival ink. The first pass with the Alcohol lift ink allowed me to lift most of the colour and the second pass added a bit of colour (one was stamped in pink the other in orange) which was blotted to leave just a hint of colour.
The technique relies on having a stamping platform but it is very effective, even on such fine detail as these tree branches (a Crafty Individual stamp from the CI- 450 set).

I will leave you with the shine shot and hope you will join us at Country View Challenges with your own Under the Sea creations!


Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday, Lost Coast Designs (inspired by the Disney song Under the Sea...) and Craft Stamper TIMI  challenges.

17 comments:

  1. How realistic those fish look Christine, they could be on Waitrose's fish counter! Great underwater scene.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an amazing make! The way you created your underwater scene capturing all the textures of the water and ocean floor with the coral is stunning 😁. I loved all the different techniques that you used too! Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice way to make water and coral. Very stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, magical! Absolutely brilliant techniques with the lifting. Your rippling water and the bubbles... and then the genius "tree-coral". Fabulous ideas resulting in a really special card. I haven't (to my shame) really explored the Lift Ink's possibilities at all yet - this is definitely inspiration to get my act together and get going.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful background for you dancing fishies! And love how you created the coral look at the bottom of the card. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Christine!!! I love your alcohol ink background!!! Using the lifting technique made it so unique, so interesting!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scene and fab background. Thanks for all the cool tips and thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elle est super belle cette carte... Tout y est, ton fond est magnifique Christine!!!
    Et bonne idée d'appliquer du medium irridescent avant de tamponner tes poissons. Je retiens, j'essaierai...
    Bravo encore une fois, j'adore !!!!
    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Crafty, I've got the lift ink but I'm ashamed to say that I've not taken the wrapping off yet. I'm such a sucker for the latest fad, but you've used yours brilliantly. Have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic background with the alcohol ink xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great card and the effect works so well. Yes you are on the right track with the shed. Happy creative weekend and big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry Christine just noticed your other comment. I got the Press and Seal on Amazon. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your card over at the Craft Stamper Challenge and thought I would stop by to let you know how much I like it. i of course wanted to see the details also and I am very impressed on your background and the cool effects you achieved with the lift ink also on the corals. So clever to use a tree top for it!
    Kind regards from stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This looks fab. Those fishes look so realistic. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. J'aime beaucoup cette carte et son fond. bravo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! The effect is fabulous. Love how you have used the trees.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete