' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Season Greetings

Friday 27 September 2019

Season Greetings

I know it's still a bit early... but all the new craft stash is in the shops now and as I am less interested in Halloween, I wanted to carry on the x-mas production! In fact this is the first of 2 posts published today both on the Christmas theme!

I created this design to satisfy the following objectives:

- few supplies
- low wast
- easy
- quick to make in batches


I used a green and a red 6"x6" piece of cardstock, plus some white glitter card and the dies sets shown.

To cut the large wreath, I used the actual wreath die and the "inside" edge die.
Cutting the inside allows to keep to one layer and saves the green inside to make another card in the reverse colours. There is barely any waste, apart from the confetti from the wreath which goes straight to the bin without contributing to the ever growing scrap mountain.

The greeting is cut from the thick-ish glitter card but I still managed a clean cut with 2 passes in the die-cutting machine.

Using the same design but with other colour combinations you can quickly build up a stash of cards, all unique!

For example:

- Associate Gold and white with either Green, Red or Black for traditional Christmas
- Silver and white with Blue or Lavender for a contemporary look
- or Kraft, white and red for a rustic vibe

Of course you can add any number of finishing items, but as I had the rather loud Green and Red combo it was a case of less was definitely more… so I limited the embellishments to a bow which I die-cut  (same set as the wreath) from the glitter and red card.

Supplies:

A4 Glitter Card - White
Tonic Studios Essentials Die Set - Boughs of Holly Wreath
Tonic Studios Christmas Sentiment - Seasons Greeting


Should you purchase any of the products I have used on this card, select  'Design Team'  in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you!

 

Don't forget I have a second X-mas design coming up very soon.

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Wednesday challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Belle utilisation des dies. Moi je les utilise trop peu.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garland die is so pretty - and the traditional red and green looks great with the bright white accents.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas Card. Brilliant idea. Love that there is little waste.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete