' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: For the Girls

Saturday 20 July 2013

For the Girls

This is a bit of a departure from my usual images but I bought this stamp on an impulse because it was half price and I thought having a character stamp would allow me more practice with alcohol markers. As it happens, the image is ideal for a birthday card I had to make for a girl too old for teddy bears but too young for something edgy or vintage.


The background paper is from Graphic 45 (Nutcracker sweet).
The glittered shape is a remnant of a partial die-cut (MFT die).
To make the birthday tag I stuck a piece of washi tape from the Docraft Gorjuss collection on white cardstock and die-cut it with Impression Obsession Flags die set.
The striped pink paper ? Now there's a story...

When my printer ran out of yellow ink last year, instead of switching cartridges like normal people, I decided to use up the rest of the ink by printing patterned papers that had no yellow in them, and when the blue ran out, I carried on printing in pink... No waste!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
My Mum's Craft Shop - Just For Girls
The Artistic Stamper - Ladies Day

Let me know what you think,

3 comments:

  1. It is so difficult making cards for young ladies this one is just right, the colouring of the stamp is fabulous. I love your philosophy on the ink cartridges.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable ta petite carte !! Et tu raison, c'est bien d'avoir différents tampons pour faire plaisir à tous ceux qu'on aime, qui n'ont pas forcément le même age et les mêmes goûts !... Bon dimanche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet image and colored so wonderfully! Brilliant use of a border punch!!

    ReplyDelete