' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired By Carol Quance (2)

Thursday 18 July 2013

Inspired By Carol Quance (2)

As soon as I saw Carol's first project for the Paper Artsy blog, I knew I wanted to play! However, although I have worn dangling jewellery on occasion, I didn't want my bling to get in the way of everyday tasks, so I made a "bracelet" for my handbag (lucky handbag!).

 
In the main I followed Carol's method, encountering a few hiccups along the way - down to a lack forward planning :
  • colours too strong after shrinking
  • shrink plastic deformed whilst embossing
  • hole a bit too far from edge
  • stray white embossing speckles
At least this time I didn't forget to punch the holes before shrinking!

The stamps I used are from Hot Pick 1204 and 1206 and for the first layer of embossing I used a clear glitter EP.

I second Carol's statement about shrink plastic, some of them do not shrink uniformely and some have pitted areas after shrinking. The Polyshrink brand however does shrink beautifully. Plus here's my tip for no-brains measuring, if you have a metric/imperial ruler that is...

Measure your piece of shrink in inches BEFORE shrinking and in centimeters AFTER shrinking.

So if you want your shrunk piece to be 3cm after shrinking you need to start with 3 inches, simples!

Enjoy !

8 comments:

  1. you didn't see all the pieces that got chucked in the bin before I finished the project. love this variation on the bracelet. great tip for measuring. the other way is to shrink a piece of plastic with full size cm/inches on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag charm looks lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tip for measuring!!!!! And I love that you made a bag charm. Why didn't I think of that!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, love the handbag charm and the tip on measuring the shrink plastic.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I find that I always have to take off dangling bracelets eventually and then - surprise, surprise - they get lost! A handbag charm is a fabulous idea! Thanks for the measuring tip too! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est super joli !!! Et merci pour le tuyau, je note ta règle avec plaisir ! Bon week-end, bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super make and great tip about measures thank you. I like the colours it became too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow loving the bracelet, lucky handbag. I really want to have a go at this, I didn't have time that week but think I might try this week. I have bits of shrink plastic everywhere, really must work out which brand. I love the colours you have used for this, and I'm loving the sparkle :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete