' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired by Sue Carrington (3)

Friday 5 July 2013

Inspired by Sue Carrington (3)

I saw this project by Sue and I just had to try it. I think my canvas is smaller than Sue and I ran out of space around my image to fit in all the stencilled areas.


The main image is from Hot Pick 1208.
In the bottom left corner I have used my latest "found" stencil - from an ad in a mail shot - with texture paste and drew some of the windows in yellow gel pen.
For the 3 stamped mats, I used a specialty paper with inclusion that has been lurking for years in my stash... and I just didn't know how good it actually was: it stamped very well, it's sturdy enough to be used with waterbased mediums, so glad I re-discovered it !

I added a strip of washi at the top and bottom as I had nowhere else to fit it in.

You can join this week's Paper Artsy challenge here.

Thanks for coming by,

12 comments:

  1. Love your use of colour on this project - an excellent take on Sue's project- well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of colours and stamps, great work.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love all the stenciling and the colours are divine! What did you use to colour your b'ground?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... Sue used Distress Stains, but as I didn't have any I was going to use watercolors. By chance, I came across some old wood stains whilst tidying and although 4 bottles were unredeemable I added water to the rest of them and tried them out on this project. It seemed to work!

      Delete
  4. I love the layered pages on this and the vibrant colours. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous colours & fab layers! Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh love the vibrant colours on your canvas

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab; I love that bus and the wooden button!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific canvas, love your colour combo
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really bright - I love your colours. Fab piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super bright colours :) a nice contrast with the old bus.
    Well done on your top 3 and country crafts :)
    Have fun
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. ça j'avais loupé désolée, et je le trouve absolument magnifique...!!!!

    ReplyDelete