' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: What's shaking

Tuesday 9 July 2013

What's shaking


At the Impression Obsession blog we are Shakin' it up... I wasn't going to join the challenge, but then I found a piece of packaging that I had kept for that specific purpose, and since it had been there a while, I felt under the obligation to use it rather than chuck it.

I couldn't remember how I used the other one (there were 2 of these pieces of plastic) or how painstaking it was, which is why IO have these packs that slash the effort. Sadly the shops this side of the pond don't stock them and I persevered through the pain.

I chose a Christmas theme because I could shake snow and it's a great interactive card for a kid.

My image is Winter Scene (H1284) and I stamped it in blue dye ink, then colored the scarf and hat with a red water based marker . I applied glue to the roof of the house behind the snowman and the snowman himself, then sprinkled some flock. Initially I was to going to flock the hat and scarf in red but I realised that I would end up with flecks of red everywhere and stopped myself in time. Phew!
Of course I put more white flock in my shaker along with some blue ultra-fine glitter and some clear glitter. It works well as the snow falls when you stop shaking.

The panel has been stamped with CAC Snowflakes (CC035) and the sentiment (a peel off) added to the largest tag die-cut with Flags die set (DIE015F-F). A bit of twine and a green whatsit (sorry don't know what to call them) that had become separated from its family and was laying around finish the card.

Thanks for coming by,

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could see this card IRL, as it looks and sounds amazing on your blog! Am I right in thinking it works like a snow globe? If so - wow - that sounds like quite a difficult thing to do! I am impressed. It looks like a super Christmas card anyway, even if the making of it was quite pains-taking: it was certainly worth it. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie that IRL sparkle would be outstanding when shaken. A really wonderful Winter scene, Crafty!! What a fun read with your improvised shaker and it worked like a charm. Love the colors and you tag too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbe ta carte, j'aime beaucoup !!! Et puis, je n'ai pour ma part jamais essayé encore cette technique de shaker box... ça me fait bien envie ! Bravo ! Je file voir ton autre post, je crois que j'ai loupé ta partcipation au dernier challenge Stampotique ?.. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I wasn't the only one who had a hard time with this. I bet those IO shaker products would be nice, but there aren't any here either. My favorite shaker cards are winter scenes, and I love how you did yours just in the blue with the pop of red.I bet the flocked roof looks amazing IRL, that way you still have "snow" even when the loose stuff is all on the bottom. Great idea that I need to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! So glad you saved that packaging! The scene stamped in blue is perfect. And I like the background stamping you did too. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty, creative and a great use of packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - love shaker cards for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete