' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: August Butterflies

Saturday 15 August 2015

August Butterflies

Time for the August calendar challenge at the Craft Barn.
I used the Rubber Dance colour scheme, perfect for a bright summer's day feel.

I have made this page on acetate, it is the reverse of the page I did for May, which explains the weird shape of my cardstock.


I used flower stamps from Papertrey ink and the butterflies are from a Crafty Individuals set (CI-231) where I have tried to stamp both "solid" and "line" images on top of each other user a stamp positioner (my paper moved...). I am still in two minds as to whether or not to cut this plate apart, in this instance it would have made my life a lot easier!
I added some green and blue distress inks in the background to round off my garden impression.

As I was writing this post I realised I'd left off the most important part...the calendar, so here is another pic:


Just as well, the calendar manages to hide the more-brown-than yellow butterfly...

Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the Penny Black, Country View (Summertime) and We Love 2 Create challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely mix of things for this and just right for August

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page, very pretty colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, I love your delicate images. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty delicate page, and think the weird card shape just enhances the "moment in time" look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see anything amiss with your stamping whatsoever! Your page is beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Craftyfield! I love the delicate look of the flowers, and the butterflies are just like they should be - perfectly hand stamped if you ask me! :-) Thank you so much for entering our August challenge! (PS: I also love your May calendar flowers on the back!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very delicate butterfly page. I love the pink flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still on catch up Christine, this is a wonderful design, so different and really eye catching.

    Many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely calendar, those flowers look beautiful with your colouring.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful! Love the use of Acetate. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the flower stamping here - the perfect look of a hazy summer's day in the meadow… sad to lose some of them under the calendar in fact!! Lovely card.

    Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the soft, gentle feel you have created on your page. I have that butterfly plate and have cut it up. I don't use a stamp positioner with them, just stamp by eye. I like the hit and miss result and the white spaces that result.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful ethereal feel to this.

    ReplyDelete