' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: More play with gels and sprays

Sunday 30 August 2015

More play with gels and sprays

Last week I didn't have time to create a new make for the Paper Artsy challenge using the Paua shell effect technique. The Craft Barn challenge is about sprays this week which I took as a sign...


I used both traditional texture paste and the transparent texture paste from Ranger (in lieu of 3D gel medium) with my stencils and this worked as the micas in my sprays were grabbed quite efficiently by the gel as can be seen in this picture:


I chose my stencils and stamps for their circular motifs with a theme of stained glass.

Thanks for coming by,

 Also entering the We Love 2 Create challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous fusion of colour and texture Christine, I adore your stunning make.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture and colour. Thanks for your comment - how much longer can you resist those crazy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shimmer and texture is amazing Christine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project with very interesting ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous texture and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic project!! The colours and texture are beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coucou, je suis enfin de retour, désolée pour ma longue absence...
    Elle est superbe ta page Christine, et moi aussi j'ai repéré cette technique que j'aimerais bien essayer. Bravo, le résultat semble à la hauteur tu as choisi les bons pochoirs, et est même probablement encore plus beau de près. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous mixed media piece, love the texture and the colours you used and the Finnabair image looks fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the Love to Create Mixed Media Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fabulous! Such rich and vibrant colours, I love all the composition! Thank you for dropping by my blog, about the clay embellishments I used mica powder on soft clay, then I dry it and the colours stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly magical page!! Love the texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete