' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Tim Holtz tag

Sunday 6 September 2015

Tim Holtz tag

As a late joiner to the tag craze I was yet  to make one of Tim Holtz's 12 tags... This had to be addressed and today's the day...

As soon as I saw the alcohol inks I had the urge to pull mine out and have a play too. I don't use them often enough and Tim's background looked lovely and bright...
Mine look a bit dull (strangely enough it's the metallic mixatives that dulls down the glossy cardstock) and a bit muddy.


I won't bore you with the details as Tim has a comprehensive step by step but I should mention that:
- I die-cut my stencil with the TH/Sizzix Mixed media thinlit.
- the butterflies are from the Crafty Individuals set CI-437
- I made my metal element by triple embossing a label and stamping into it.
- I used vellum in lieu of frosted film
- I flickered a small paintbrush with black paint as I don't have the Distress marker spritzer.

Thanks for coming by,

Also entering  the Craft Barn, The Artistic Stamper, Polka Doodle and Craft Stamper TIMI challenges.

19 comments:

  1. A super tag Christine, looks like lots of lovely texture as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful textures to show off the inks. A great tag

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag - thanks for joining us for our Things with Wings Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag, great colours and textures and the vellum works well for the butterflies. Yet to do a tag this year, where does the time go!

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Tag, Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles challenge.
    http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com.au/
    Naz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, thanks for joining us in this month challenge at the Artistic Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tag, Thank you for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the texture in the background, went to see what it was and believe it is transparent texture paste, will try this maybe with matte medium. And great of you of being inventive when a supply is not on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vellum works well for the butterflies and I love the transparent texture paste effect. Lovely tag, well done.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty tag Thank you for taking time to join in the fun over at Polkadoodles for our Things with wings challenge http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2015/08/week-35-crafting-challenge-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very effective tag. I haven't done any Timmy tags for a while but I'm tempted now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alcohol inks are fun to play with! Love your butterfly tag. Thanks for entering the Things With Wings Challenge at Polkadoodles, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful tag! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great tag. The alcohol background looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the win!!! Love the soft tones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great color on your tag! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty. I am not very comfortable with alcohol inks either. I can never seem to get the effect I expect. I love the colours here and the butterflies really pop. Congrats on your win. Hugz

    ReplyDelete