' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Come and play

Monday 7 September 2015

Come and play

Time for our challenge at Vintage Stamping and this month it's my turn to choose the theme. I created a game of Tic Tac Toe just for you!

The rules are simple, you must chose 3 elements in a line, either vertically, horizontally or diagonally to feature in your project.


I chose the last vertical line, namely People, Metal and the colours blue and brown.

I reverse-stamped the gentleman with the bowler hat from the True Gentleman, then stamped him normally to pretend my gentlemen are in conversation. I wasn't too happy with the reverse stamping I had done with the brayer because so much colour was lost in the process it looked too pale, so I stamped the image on a separate piece of paper and transferred it with gel medium.

The Swirl is part of a large flourish stencil by Tim Holtz through which I applied Bistres powders in Blue and Brown on a watercolour panel. The gentlemen were protected with masking liquid during this process.

To finish I added eyelets, I still have lots from when they were all the rage - was that more than ten years ago? - and I am yet to finish a single pack!

I hope you find the Tic Tac Toe grid inspiring and that you will join us over at Vintage Stamping Challenges,  you could win a lovely $20 to spend at the Flonzcraft shop. Remember your make doesn't need to be Vintage but it does need to have some stamping, NO DIGIS allowed!

Thanks for coming by,

I am entering the Penny Black and more and Craft Stamper TIMI   challenges.

13 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the theme thanks Christine and what a fab piece of artwork you have created.

    Now we are live need to go get my posted.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, in such a rush to get mine sorted forgot to thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tic tac toe is always fun. Love your card. Very impressive swirl. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab, great reverse stamping and I love your swirl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, and I love tic-tac-toe challenges... But can I tell you something funny? From the small thumbnail, I thought the swirl was a giant octopus about to grab your chatting gents! (I kind of loved it... But still love it just being a flourish! Haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices for this terrific piece

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your make so CAS which I could do these ... sigh, must try using less.

    Loved the challenge I thought it was a great theme x x

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab composition. I'm not much good at reverse stamping, so maybe I should try a transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project... lovely colors!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elle est superbe cette carte, très originale et bien pensée comme toujours chez toi, j'aime !!
    Et merci pour cette belle idée de challenge, j'aime bien ce jeu de grilles moi aussi. Je vais le garder sous le coude, par contre je ne suis pas encore certaine de pouvoir le réaliser car je suis complètement la tête sous l'eau pour l'instant... Aie. Bises et bon week-end :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh ..... I love this! That flourish looks amazing!! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card and good use of the reverse stamping technique, makes for a fab arty card.
    thanks for sharing with us this month at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab challenge and a gorgeous card. Love the stencilling and such a clever idea to have the gentleman stamp reversed too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete