' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Embossing and watercolours

Monday 15 October 2018

Embossing and watercolours

This month the Craft U Love Design Team has been given the same stamp set to work with, one of the new stamp sets designed by Julie Hickey, Garden Treasures. It will be exciting to compare how different or similar our take will be...


I meant to take photos as I went along but as I used a wet-on-wet watercolour technique, it wasn't possible.

My first step was to stamp and emboss in white some of the flowers and leaves, I am enclosing this photo so you can see the stamp set but alas the embossing is not visible!

The next picture show the card as I just finished applying the colours, still wet and a bit shiny from the water.
 
 



Eagled eye crafters will notice the finished panel is different because I decided to do it again as the sentiment wasn't standing out well enough after drying.

To paint the background I first applied water all over and with a brush loaded with a strong mix touched the areas on and around the embossing. If the paint dries too quickly, a spritz or two of fine mist helps to keep it workable and it is possible to push the pigment to your liking.

Of course the same technique can be used with powders, acrylic inks or paints each giving a slightly different look.


Supplies:
Julie Hickey Designs Stamp Set - Garden Treasures
WaterArt Watercolour A6 Paper Pack
Tonic Studios Nuvo Light Mist Spray Bottles

My teamies makes will be shown on Facebook here during the day.
Should you purchase any of the products I have used on this card, select  'Design Team'  in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you!

Thanks for coming by,

4 comments:

  1. Great resist stamping Christine and so striking with the purples. I am am off on holiday later this week so will see you when I am back.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es una preciosidad de tarjeta, tanto en diseño como colorido.
    Gracias por visitar mi blog.
    Besos y feliz semana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing effect! Looks so good in these deep colors! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un joli rendu avec cette technique du resist!

    ReplyDelete