' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Plant life

Sunday 7 October 2018

Plant life

Welcome to my second inspiration post for our Country View Challenge, hosted by teamie Rachel on the theme "Plant-astic".
For this one I played with powders, it's always fun if unpredictable...


For my background I used a mask (Tando Creative) and laid both the flowers and the leaves on the page before spritzing with water and sprinkling powders on top.

My technique is to use a small paintbrush (and I mean small... size 0) and dip ever so slightly in the pots then tapping over the card. I spray more water or add more powder until I like what I see. I used brown and blue Bistres, Moss Green Brusho (probably my favourite colour) and some Cerise Infusion. I pressed the wet masks onto some clean card to soak up the luscious colours, for use at a later date.

To finish I used 2 stamps from Paper Artsy, the tree or twigs from HP1008 and the wheat stalk from ELB33, stamped in black Versafine.


I toyed with the idea of adding a sentiment or a quote but couldn't bring myself to hide the best parts of my background! I may still do it a later date...

You still have 3 weeks to enter our Country View Challenge with your Plant-astic creations, I am looking forward to see what you create!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the AllsortsCraft Stamper, challenges.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's not just me wha hates hinding the background Christine, it always seems a shame when you have a piece as pretty as this one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about hiding the background! This is just so lovely - maybe a vellum wrap!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of art! I totally understand what you mean - it´s always so very hard to hide a well accomplished background - and in this case it would be a shame.
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is fabulous. The use of the combined bistres, brushos and infusions are fabulous....Great inspiration, thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work with all those powders. I just love the masked leaves.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Christine, gorgeous colours. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Christine, I love your masking and colours and I'm totally with you about not covering up a fab background. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fab ..... what an amazing background. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful :) thanks for joining the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'adore le résultat!!! ça me fait penser que j'ai ce mask feuille, faudrait que je l'utilise un peu plus souvent.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete