' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Flower in a jar

Sunday 31 March 2019

Flower in a jar

Hello crafters, today I am sharing a card I made for the Crafts U Love inspiration day.

This month the DT has been testing some of the latest PolkaDoodles supplies.

DIY card with Polkadoodle stamps and papers

I stamped the flower and jar image from the Hello Friend set with Memento Fog Grey ink before colouring with watercolour brushes.
I coloured each petal applying the colour close to the center and pulling the colour with a second brush (clean of colours) to the edge of petal. I touched the tip of the petals with colour too, as it helps define the shape of the flower and added more colour between the petals.

I coloured the buds in the same way and finished by adding yellow to the center of the large flower and green to the stems. For the jar, I followed the stamp design and applied more colours where there are more lines, finishing by a soft grey shadow at the base to give the jar somewhere to stand on!

For the sentiment, I stamped the big Hello from the same set, and hand-cut it so it would not cover a lot of the image.

I matted the image onto 2 papers from the Colour of Spring pack (Polkadoodles) and assembled the card.

Supplies:
Polkadoodles A5 Paper Pack - Colour of Spring
Polkadoodles Clear Stamp Set - Hello Friend
Memento Dew Drop Inkpad London Fog
VersaFine Onyx Black

I thought the Hello Friend was a good selection of images and sentiments and the quality of the stamps is great, stampers will know this, but not all clear stamps are created equal... I can report that have been able to get a good impression without resorting to my stamping platform and several passes!


Should you purchase any of the products I have used on this card, select  'Design Team'  in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Polkadoodles, Addicted to stamps, SSS Wednesday, Uniko Studio and We Love To Create challenges.

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully coloured. There's nothing more beautiful than a single flower in a jam jar - you've captured that perfectly. Gorgeous.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully coloured bloom Christine, it looks almost 3D.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower, it makes a fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous, delicate colouring; you've really captured the beauty of that stamp!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous. Beautifully coloured Christine. Love everything about it.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beauty! Lovely colors too. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful coloured image - I love the delicate colours, and the CAS design is perfect. thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ - Good luck and hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love such a c&s cards. Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles. DT Beata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely watercolouring. I had to read twice as I thought it was a printed image! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea and design. Thank you for joining us at Love 2 Create challenges.

    ReplyDelete