' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: It's about the journey

Friday 15 March 2019

It's about the journey

This is my second inspiration make for the STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch Challenge for March,
 the theme and sketch are:




As usual, you can either follow only the Theme or the Sketch, or use both!
This time I used the sketch for this tag:

Makes with STAMPlorations products

I made the background by layering 2 blue acrylic paints, one light and one mid-tone, spreading with a silicone brush. I added a little bit of Bistres powder (a walnut and pigment mix) on top of a thin acrylic glaze and sprayed water to create drips.
Around the tag I used brown paint and then a layer of crackle paste. To reveal the crackles I used white paint.
On the left hand side I added some embossing with Frantage Aged Aqua.

I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Born to Roam set in Vanilla white directly on the tag and stamped the globe and boat from the same set in black on a separate piece of card before colouring with alcohol ink pens.

Come by the STAMPlorations blog for more inspiration from the DT!

***
Whenever you shop for STAMPlorations products you can get 20% off with my code: STAMPGIRLCRAFTY
***

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Craft Stamper TIMI, Vintage Journey, Creative Artiste, Addicted to stamps challenges.

 

15 comments:

  1. A great inky background Christine, always rather like blue and brown as a colour combo.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! I love the background texture and colours - amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love all the detail and esp the colors! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome background you have created! I love the color, the crackle and the tag! Jerrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I can comment by just using my name and not my google account! I love all the textures and colours on your tag. It’s a little work of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great mixed media tag and I love your colours and texture. Great interpretation of the sketch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fab .... that background is amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great tag and lovely backgrund. Love the sentiment as its definitely the journey thats most important x Thanks for hopping on board with us over at A Vintage Journey 5th Birthday challenge x
    Best Wishes
    Annie CG xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gorgeous background. And I love the sentiment. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Looking forward to seeing again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true sentiment. A gorgeous background for it. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super tag. Fabulous grungy background.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ce fond est du plus bel effet Christine! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a sensational background, Christine... a combination of paint and powders that I'm going to have to try some time. The perfect ocean setting for the dramatic entrance of the ship... and of course I'm mad for the crackled edges! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey to celebrate our 5th birthday.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely watery background you created for your images Christine! Great texture added on the edges too - thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! xx

    ReplyDelete