' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Dictionary Challenge K

Saturday 18 June 2016

Dictionary Challenge K

After my late entry last time I made sure I was in the starting blocks this time for the Craft Barn Dictionary Challenge...

The letter is K, no twist, and at first I was concerned I wouldn't find anything suitable. I looked through my stamp collection trying out K words on them and happened on this charming Crafty Individuals image. OK, so I chose the familiar Kid rather than Child but it's in the dictionary, and all is fair in Dictionary challenge and crafting...


I stamped the CI-449 stamp with black Versafine and stamped again on a separate piece of paper to create a mask.
I placed the mask over the image and used a Dutch Dobadoo stencil with pink and blue Distress inks to give my children a background.

I coloured the stamped image with pencils (the boy does have a light green tee-shirt).
As usual, I added the definition and, this time, I thought it would be fun to stamp my letter right on the tee-shirt of the little boy.
I'm really pleased with that one, although I can't really take the credit since it's pretty much all down to the lovely stamp.

Thanks for coming by,
I am also entering the Stamplorations CAS and That's Crafty challenges

13 comments:

  1. A wonderful stamp to use and a great word as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say you can't really take credit because it was all in the stamping, but it is WONDERFUL. You have no idea how long it would have taken me to stamp anything that perfect. Adding the K on the back of the shirt was brilliant, and it was one of the first things I saw. The boy's cap and the girl's skirt and leggings were beautifully colored, too. So, the stamping was only a part of it, but the entire package was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card,I love the image and how you colour it Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an evocative stamp, and the addition of the letter K is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a rather lovely stencil you have used in the background, lovely stamp too. That image is so perfect for the word, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stamp but take credit for the idea and the fabulous way you've put your page together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est super, j'adore, une très belle utilisation de ce tampon CI qui fait partie de mes chouchous... Bises

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, love that stamps and you have coloured it in brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page and I love that stamp! I was so late for the last challenge I missed the deadline altogether and couldn't add it to the blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspired move to put the K on his shirt. I think Kid suits him much better than Child xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All IS fair in dictionary challenges and crafting!!! I've seen that stamp a few times and never noticed the butterflies on the little girls dress -cute! The K was a great addition, fits perfectly with the stamp. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to use that stamp on my postcard but it was too big.(: I love the stencil you have used behind the image, it sets it off perfectly. A fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at CAS STAMP-lorations Challenge!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete