' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: The deep blue sea

Friday 1 February 2019

The deep blue sea

This month at Country View Challenges we have a theme of  Black & White plus another (your choice of 1 more colour), chosen by Sue. With Valentine's day coming up the colours pink, red or even gold will be popular choices but me I'm thinking of summer and the deep blue sea...

Stamped and Watercoloured greeting card

My background has been embossed with Tim Holtz/Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Folder - Lumber.

My focal image is a stamp from the set Little Boats by Picture This. I simply placed a "wave" mask before stamping the boats and painted the sea and sky with watercolour pencils and a water brush.

I added appropriate words from TH Sizzix Thinlits Vacation words and Adventure Words Script sets to finish.

Clean and simple... I hope you are inspired to enter the challenge, and if you do you could win a £20 voucher to spend in the Country View shop!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Addicted to stamps, Paperbabe, SSS Wednesday, Fashionable Stamping and Craft Stamper TIMI challenges.

17 comments:

  1. The summer and deep blue sea works well for me Christine, anything that lets us look forward and away from these long gloomy winter days, great masculine creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome make for the February challenge, Christine!!! Great watercolouring!!! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Christine, I love the Lumber background, and the words fit just perfectly. Have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh dreams of summer....how lovely. A great card Christine, I love the blue sea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene, fabulous stamping a s I love the texture too hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great make Christine ! Love the texture in the background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you'll always win with me with blue rather than red! Lovely cool colours and a simplicity to the whole card which really suits the image.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous use of blue - I adore this - and it doesn't matter that we used the same stamp set!!!Just shows what a great one it is! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! The stamped image and textured card surround looks amazing 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your card, Christine! I´m thinking of summer too - we have such a snowy winter here, today the whole day it was snowing - I don´t want it anymore.
    Hugs Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes it makes me think of Summer time too..! Thank you for sharing your super card with us over at Paperbabe Stamps Challenge.
    Creative wishes Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - it has a lovely calm feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous male card. Love that stamp, the touch of blue wash and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those colours certainly evoke summer, fab male card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, a very delightfully designed card, very interesting. Thank you for participating in the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Many greetings
    hanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking of summer works for me. Love the shades of blue and a great CAS design too. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete