' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Spring blooms

Thursday 28 February 2019

Spring blooms

Welcome to my second inspiration post for Crafts U Love. This month I am playing working with  teamie Julie Hickey's Flower Garden stamp. If you missed it, my first sample is here.


This time I used pens to ink the image before stamping. The stamping platform really helps with this technique as there is no limit in the number of times you can stamp or re-stamp each part of the image!


To colour each flower I used the matching Distress Inks to the pens with an improvised palette and a waterbrush.

The colours in the photos are not true to life, as unfortunately at this time of the year good natural lighting is hard to come by.

I painted the flowers in pink and orange, the leaves with several greens and yellows, teasing out some of the colour from the stamped lines.

With the colouring finished I fussy cut the top of the image and positioning the die as shown in the photo, run it through the die-cutting machine.

I then matted the image on top of a mat of die-cut with the next size up of the same nesting dies set.

The flowers now are bursting out of the frame!

To finish I glued the panel on a kraft card base and added a white embossed sentiment on vellum from the Everyday Sentiments also by Julie Hickey.




Supplies:
Julie Hickey Designs Stamp Set - Flower Garden
Julie Hickey Designs I Need It Stamp Set - Everyday Sentiments
Distress markers
Distress Ink Pads
Crafts Too Water Brush - Small
WOW! Embossing Powder - Bright White
Vellum

Should you purchase any of the products I have used on this card, select  'Design Team'  in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Allsorts and SSS Wednesday challenges.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the colours on this one as well. Great tip with the dies. Hope your week is going well. Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nicely done, love the colors and beautifully framed image! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty Christine and so effective carrying the blooms out of the frame, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Spring' theme at Allsorts challenge. I'm with you on the stamp platform, I bought the Timmy/Tonic one this time last year and no idea why I resisted for so long as since my illness it's been a God send even with regular stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty flowers. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers in such Gorgeous colours, wonderfully created xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely spring card. One of my favourite colour schemes xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the soft colors and how you fussy cut out the top of the flowers so they’re popping out the top. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Douce et agréable à l'oeil! bises

    ReplyDelete